Confessions of a Struggling Writer

I am a writer. I aspire to be an author. Those aspirations are what fuel my struggle. Join me in my trials and tribulations to see my name on a book.

J.R. Murdock

Thursday, November 06, 2008

NaNoWriMo

I am using NaNoWriMo to get off my butt and write another novel. I've had the idea for quite some time (actaully since I finished my last Novel that I started during NaNoWriMo last year). So I'm finally getting it down. Mentally I had gotten stuck where to start and on Nov 1st, I started it and then thought "WAIT A MINUTE!" and bang! I had a better beginning. I didn't trash anything as the chapters I'd written fell into place after a different opening. I added a new POV character that gives the villain's POV without being inside the villain's head. It's worked out great so far and has really helped me pick up a head of steam on this novel. I'm presently up to 8700 words and you can find my NaNoWriMo page up. I'm posting again this year as JRMurdock if you would like to buddy me. If I can every find the page again, I'll be happy to buddy back.

I'm not quite up to the writing speed I was at 2 years ago, but I'm trying to get back there. Time, patience, persistence. I know I can do it. WOO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home