Confessions of a Struggling Writer

I am a writer. I aspire to be an author. Those aspirations are what fuel my struggle. Join me in my trials and tribulations to see my name on a book.

J.R. Murdock

Friday, November 07, 2008

NaNoWriMo Update

I'm taking a short pause in my NaNo novel. I'm up to nearly 11K words at this point and I'm really happy with the way my story is going. I blame Mur Lafferty and Scott Sigler for my story. It's a superhero story with gods, monsters, heroes, and almost-super heroes. It's fast paced, gritty, and a whole lot of fun. I blame Tee Morris for one character named the Gobbler (NOM NOM NOM).

Okay, very short post. I'm back to writing.

Oh, I've got a story coming on in January. It can be found at http://www.lulu.com/chimericanabooks. No pressure to buy. I'm excited just to be in print again. I'm also sending out Astel (still) and I'm now starting to look for an agent with V&A Shipping. Both are as polished as they're going to get, now's the time for them to stand on their own. WOO. It's been a LONG time since I've been this excited about writing. I'll have to try NOT to slack off again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott Sigler said...

Tee Morris is "The Gobbler?" Oh man, that's just too good for words ...

7:48 PM  
Blogger Julya said...

Hi JR Murdock, I just read your story Me, Myself and I ... and I ... and I ... in Chimeraworld #5

and I enjoyed it. It was pretty funny.

If you have the chance read mine too - The Night It Rained Murder

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home